- 1 tablespoon Liokareas Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- one small onion finely chopped
- one carrot finely chopped
- one celery rib finely chopped
- one clove garlic minced
- two bay leaves
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- one cup dry white wine
- one can san marzano tomatoes (I use whole and blend with immersion blender slightly but you can use crushed also)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- One pound thick cut pasta such as pappardelle, fettuccine, or linguine
For the Bolognese:
Heat butter and Liokareas Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil in large sauce pan over medium heat. Add onion, carrots, and celery and cook until soft and onions are translucent. (about 8 minutes) Add garlic and bay leaf, cook one minute more.
Add meats and cook, breaking up, until no longer pink. Add wine and increase heat to high until at a slight boil. Lower heat and simmer 5 minutes until wine is reduced.
Add tomatoes and cream and bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat to low and keep at a bare simmer for at least 2 hours.
Remove bay leaf. Add salt and pepper to taste. Toss with pasta. Top with cheese and basil.