Grilled Vegetable Sandwich with Whipped Herb Goat Cheese and Honey
Whipped Herb Goat Cheese
- 8 oz goat cheese
- 2 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons each fresh basil, oregano, and chives
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or grated
- 3 tablespoons Liokareas Basil Olive Oil
- salt and pepper
- Ciabatta loaf
- 1 eggplant, sliced crosswise about 1/2 inch thick
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced lengthwise about 1/2 inch thick
- 1 yellow squash, sliced lengthwise about 1/2 inch thick
- 1 red onion cut into rounds and NOT separated to make it easier to grill!
- 1 red bell pepper cut into 8 wide strips
- Liokareas Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil for bread and veggies
- salt and pepper
- Liokareas Greek Honey
For goat cheese:
In the bowl of a food processor fitted with a blade add goat cheese, cream cheese, garlic, and herbs. Pulse a few times until mixed. With the motor running slowly add the Liokareas Basil Olive Oil and allow to whip for about 30-60 seconds. Taste for salt and pepper. Place in airtight container since you’ll probably have some leftover. Can be used for up to a week for veggie dip, sandwiches, eggs, etc.
Brush veggies with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Set grill to 500 degrees and grill for about 5 minutes per side or until softened and charred. Slice ciabatta horizontally through the middle and into individual sandwich servings. Generously brush the insides of the bread with Liokareas Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil and season with salt. Grill bread with the cut side down until nicely charred. To assemble, spread the goat cheese mixture on the insides of both the bottom and top slice of bread. Layer eggplant, squash, zucchini, onion, and pepper onto the bottom slice and drizzle generously with Liokareas Greek Honey. Add top layer of bread.
Leave a comment